Why is it called 'Going To Fail'? Ask Daughter.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beeston 5

L’s got race number seven tonight, the Beeston 5 miler. I’m not doing it; I have dogs to train. This means she has to get herself there, straight from work, which often delays her. She threatens to get a taxi out of petty cash if work causes her to be running late. Her boss gives her a lift.

She’s got competition tonight, in the shape of the mother of one of Daughter’s friends and about 150 others of course. L is worried and even takes an energy bar with her. Blimey, she is taking it seriously. Apparently the woman’s got a profile on Runners World. So, hasn’t everyone? Apparently not. Perhaps it’s just me then. L says that if she doesn't beat her she'll drown herself. That’s what I like. Incentive.

L’s run goes well and she wins her personal battle. I had every faith.

Time: 00:46:43

Races: 7
Miles: 56.7
T-shirts: 5
Medals: 2
Mugs: 1
Mars Bars: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment