Why is it called 'Going To Fail'? Ask Daughter.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nottingham Grand Prix Series: Race 4 - Colwick Park 5 Miles

Commonsense and the fact that I find even a brisk walk painful after amassing fifteen bruises (approximately) in my bike fall yesterday, means I skip tonight’s final race of the Grand Prix series and support L instead. I think of asking her to push me round in a wheelchair but decide against it. At least this way the boys get a night out and a chance to bark at some runners.



L does well again, again knocking over a minute off last year’s time. All of which will give her a good overall placing in the series. Better than mine obviously, having skipped this race I won’t get a final placing at all. I do still claim my series t-shirt, which is disappointingly long sleeved, which means it won’t get worn until November at the earliest.

L's Time: 00:46:01

Races: 17
Miles: 115.5
T-shirts: 9
Medals: 6
Mugs: 1
Plates: 1
Bandanas: 1
Drinks Bottles: 1
Mars Bars: 1
Sticks Of Rock: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment